Sunday, August 1, 2010

Saying Goodbye and the Road Trip Back Home

All my bags were packed, I was ready to go, I was standing there outside your door, I hated to wake you up to say goodbye....ok ok ok enough Jewel reference. In reality, my bedroom was in shambles, the living room was a mess, I was sitting in a giant heap of my belongings that I had no idea what to do with and my mom was telling me we had to pack the car. Ugh. Slowly but surely, my possesions made it into the car and the donation pile began to grow. I parted with half of my clothes, half my shoes, and a lot of jewelry, but it had to be done.

I'll skip the details of the sob fest that I had in Kevin's car, but it was somewhat dramatic. The next day came, my mom and I went to church, I said goodbye and the next morning my mom and I hit the road.

We drove through Zion National Park, which was beautiful, I highly recommend it and into Bryce Canyon where we spent the night. The next morning we walked around Bryce Canyon which I would love to sit and attempt to describe, but I can do it no justice, so you'll just have to go there and see it yourself. Seriously. Go. Like right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment