Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Bucket List

Bucket List: (n). 1. A really bad movie starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson in which money was wasted filming on what was obviously a green screen. 2. A list of things you think you need to accomplish because you feel your mortality is closing in on you. 3. A list of things you make in order to not feel insecure about the fact that your life is going nowhere. 4. A list of hotties you always had your eye on and must now go conquer.

Since I am leaving the country, I made three bucket lists. One for Los Angeles, one for Seattle, and one for Colorado. I hope to accomplish all things on these three lists before moving out of the country. As I complete an item on my bucket list, I will add in the date completed and who came along! (Note: Items on the list are not in order of priority)

Los Angeles Bucket List:

1. Disneyland - July 19, Whitney Rice. Um, Happiest Place on Earth. I met Mickey Mouse and reverted back to 6 years old when he kissed me on the cheek. I road the Matterhorn (awesome) but my favorite by far was Space Mountain.
2. Medieval Times - Never got around to it, but I went in high school, so no worries.
3. Santa Barbara - July 11, Ciani Champion and Kevin Peters. We parked on State Street, walked along the mall, ate at Kahuna Grill, walked to the pier, back to the car, and then went to Neverland.
4. Catalina Island - Never Happened
5. Honda Music Road - Never Happened
6. Pink's Hot Dogs - July 8, Nynette Marceth and Michael Ocontrillo. I ordered the Bacon Chile Chesse Dog and it was one of the most delicious things I have ever tasted in my entire life.
7. Sliding down the poll at the Culver City Fire Station
8. Venice Canals - July 18 - Liz Steiner. We got Chipotle and had a picnic on the bridge late at night. July 25 - Barb Steiner. We got Natalie Thai and had a picnic on the bridge during lunch time.
9. Santa Monica Pier Ferris Wheel - July 8, Nynette Marceth and Michael Ocontrillo. We got to the pier after the ticket booth had already closed but I begged the lady to let me on the ferris wheel. When I told her that it was on my bucket list, she gave me three tickets for free.
10. YMCA picture on the Mummy Ride at Universal Studios - July 24, Kristin Oplinger, Sam Lewis, Rob Sham. Unfortunately, the day we went was a blackout day on our season passes, so I had to pulle the "I'm moving to Switzerland and this is on my bucket list" in order to get us all in, which they did! We took the picture and then road on Jerassic Park (hate the drop at the end and got soaking wet), and then stood in line to ride the new King Kong attraction on the back lot tour...TOTALLY WORTH IT. It was 360 degree 3D. Epic.
11. Concert at the Hollywood Bowl - Didn't get around to it
12. Taye Diggs - July 3, Kevin Peters. Revolution, Ninja, Batman, Roaring Rapids, Terminator, Sky Tower and Museum (my personal favorite).
13. Dodger Game in the Beach Section - July 24, I took a picture at the old Dodger Stadium Seats at Universal Studios...which basically means I went to a real game.

Seattle Bucket List:

1. Pike's Place Market - August 6, Christie Reich (soon to be Mattern), Barry Mattern, Josh Verro, Ken Nsimbi. See below:
2. Original Starbucks - August 6, Christie Reich (soon to be Mattern), Barry Mattern, Josh Verro. I ordered an extra hot grande 6 pump soy chai with no water and no foam. Delish!
3. Beecher's Homemade Cheese for Tomato Soup - August 6, Christie Reich (soon to be Mattern), Barry Mattern, Josh Verro, Ken Nsimbi. I could eat that tomato soup every day for the rest of my life! SO GOOD!
4. The Daily Dozen Doughnut place - August 6, Christie Reich (soon to be Mattern), Barry Mattern, Josh Verro. There's nothing like an assorted dozen doughnuts that cost $4.
5. Catch a flying fish - August 6, Christie Reich (soon to be Mattern), Barry Mattern, Josh Verro. THIS WAS THE COOLEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE IN SEATTLE! So I walk up to the fresh fish counter that is famous for throwing fresh fish to stalk the counters. Well, I walked up to one of the fish men and said, "I know this might sound crazy, but I've always wanted to do this...so can I catch a fish?" The guy looked at me, grabbed my hand and said "Follow me." We walked over to fish man #2 and fish man #1 told me to ask fish man #2 to teach me how to catch a fish. So I asked fish man #2 how to catch a fish and he proceeded to teach me the proper catching stance. Then he picked up a real dead gutted headless fish and put it in my hands so that I knew the weight of the fish I would be catching. Then he told me to go behind the counter to fish man #3. I walked behind the counter and was thinking to myself, oh my goodness, what have I gotten myself into?! Once I was behind the counter, I thought that surely they were going to throw a stuffed animal fish in case I dropped it...but the next thing I know, all of the fish men were yelling and sure enough, the real gutted headless fish was flying through the air in front of about 100 people...AND I CAUGHT IT! Coolest thing ever.
6. Kerry Park - August 6, Christie Reich (soon to be Mattern), Josh Verro. I proposed to Christie, we took some pictures, and left. Quite romantic.
7. Gasworks - August 6, Christie Reich (soon to be Mattern), Barry Mattern, Josh Verro. Took some pictures.
8. Chinnook's on Fisherman's Wharf - August 8, Christie Reich (soon to be Mattern), Barry Mattern, Melissa Reich, Josh Verro, Ken Nsimbi, three random friends of Ken. I had the Dungeness Crab Alfredo with angel hair pasta. It was heavenly.
9. Chopsticks Dueling Piano Bar - August 6, Christie Reich (soon to be Mattern), Barry Mattern, Josh Verro, Noelle and Casey Olmstead, Angela and Brian Tucker, random friends of Christie. Dueling Piano Bar...enough said.
10. Ride in a water airplane - Jack was out of town. :(
11. Tully's - My favorite Tully's moved, so I boycotted the entire event.
12. Swing Dancing at Century Ballroom - Decided it wasn't worth it since none of the SPU people would be there.

Colorado Bucket List:

1. Flagstaff Lookout to see the Ocean
2. Smelling Vanilla and Chocolate Trees at Chautauqua - August 18, Andrew Mac Lean. Hiked up at Chautauqua and smelled trees. Andrew made fun of me and took pictures but he did it too!
3. Listening to a concert on the grass outside the Chautauqua Concert Hall
4. Johnson's Corner for breakfast with dad
5. Grizzley Rose
6. FHS to say hi to Mrs. Lee - August 16, Mrs. Lee.
7. Jarrow to say hi to Ellen - August 16, Ellen.
8. Cabin in Nederland
9. Luge run in Winter Park
10. Noodles & Co. - August 13 - My mom. I ordered Pesto Cavatappi with extra vegetables.
11. Illegal Pete's
12. Japango all you can eat sushi Tuesday - August 18, Andrew Mac Lean. I ate myself into a food coma but it was well worth it!
13. Hapa for the Orgasm Roll - August 15, Adam Jones. Multiple Orgasm Roll, they named it that because it's THAT good.
14. Boulder Reservior for a sunset boat ride
15. Casa Bonita

No comments:

Post a Comment