Tuesday, September 7, 2010

True Life: We're not in Kansas Anymore...

...and thank God! Kansas is boring. No offense, Kansas.

So I'm sure some of you are wondering what a day in the life of a Swiss is like. So, to answer that: I have no clue. What I can tell you is what an average day looks like for me.

7:00am - Alarm goes off and I get ready for German school.
7:50am - My cousin drives me to the train station.
8:15 - S12 train to Hauptbahnhof (Zurich main station).
8:32 - I take the bus 31 to school. Surprisingly, Zurich has planned the trains and bus routes so well that by the time I walk from my train stop to the bus stop, I wait about 30 seconds before my bus arrives.
9:00 - German class starts. We learn vocabuary, grammar, and pronunciation (which is really important because there is only a very slight difference between calling myself a "whore" and telling someone that I heard what they said. So far, I can only call myself a whore).
11:50 - German class ends and I make a mad dash to the computer lab before it fills up. There, I speak into a microphone like an idiot for an hour trying to perfect my Deutsch spreche.
1:00 - Finished with school. At this time I usually go have lunch with the friends that I made in class. Then after lunch we either go to the Limmatplatz and lay in the sun or walk around Zurich and look in stores. At some point I head back to the train station.
6:30pm - Eat dinner. Dinner here is usually something small, like bread, cheese, a little lunch meat, and yogurt (since Lunch is the biggest meal of the day). After dinner I usually watch some American news on the computer (via The Daily Show and the Colbert Report since all major TV networks are blocked from European internet streaming)
10:00pm - I usually go to bed.

So as you clearly can't tell at all from my daily description, my life here is awesome.

So I took a little pause in writing and now I've run out of witty things to say and so that will have to do until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment