Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sisterhood of the [I just ripped my] Pants

From Ripped Pants

Yesterday I sat down on my bed and ripped my uber expensive Rock and Republic jeans...right in the croch. My favorite jeans. Today, out of default, I settled for second best and wore my second favorite pair of jeans. And when I sat down on the tram I ripped my uber expensive People's Liberation jeans...right in the croch.

Have you ever formed a bond with a pair of pants before? Well maybe it's just me (and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants), but I form relationships with my jeans (especially when they cost more than a plane ticket). Clearly my extremely expensive, high-quality denim jeanswear have decided to rebel against me. That's why I think that my freighed pants are trying to tell me something.

I know what you're thinking because my first thought also was that I'm getting fat, but after hours of deliberation (and pouting) I think it's much deeper than that. It's like the Bible says in Job 1:21 "The Lord givith and the Lord taketh away." Well God just "takethed away" my two favorite pairs of pants so He's got my undivided attention.

Unfortunately, my judgement is clouded by my anger and sadness over the loss of my dear friends Rock and Republic and People's Liberation, so I am leaving it to you, trustworthy friends and blog followers (and possibly complete strangers), to tell me what I am supposed to learn out of these horrific deaths. Enlighten me below:

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!!! Coming from a cheap denim company.... I am telling you that there really isn't a large difference in cheap jeans like YMI and R&R. (Sure you may lose some cotton in your fabrications and some trims may not be as high quality) But it is almost literally a label. Therefore, my well thought out "scientific" hypothesis is that God (scientific/God... get it?!) is telling you to:

    1. Buy YMI jeans
    2. Donate money to the homeless that you saved purchasing YMI jeans.
    3. Buy Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (One and Two)
    4. Buy a Costco card
    5. Stop learning German so you dont have the desire to know what you are eating... meaning you will be less likely to purchase food...
    6. Stop going to Christmas lighting things where they give away free chocolate

    Pretty sure those are the 6 main points God specifically asked me to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They aren't tears, they are battlewounds. I wear the same jeans everyday until they disintegrate into dust. Your pants have now become the solid veterans of your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first thing I thought of when I read this post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx1PXKoYlI0

    And the second thing I thought of is that the most important thing I've learned from Grandy (other than the nifty fact that you can make popcorn in the microwave in a regular paper bag) is: how to patch pants! Grandy has the most amazing patched pants I've ever seen! Apparently Gram had given up sewing patches on his pants, but then Grandy discovered permanent/washable fabric glue. It's truly amazing stuff and has allowed me to keep wearing some of my favorite jeans way after they should have disintegrated. I'll send you some if you don't think you could find it in Switz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I feel your pain. Last year for my bday, I bought myself a pair of Hudson jeans at Nordstrom. I had never spent $200 on a pair of jeans, but I decided to splurge because they fit me so well & I loved them. 4 months later, I bent down to pick up one of my girls & the knee totally ripped. I almost cried. I took them back to Nordstrom & they exchanged them for a new pair, but they weren't the same style because the style/color I bought had been discontinued. I am still bitter. The girl at Nordie's said, the more expensive the jean, the more comfortable they will be b/c the denim is so much thinner, which also means they will wear out sooner. FAIL.

    ReplyDelete