Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ballenberg

Ballenberg

Click the picture to link to the Picasa photo album!

On October 3, I went to an open-air museum called Ballenberg (yeah, I know I'm lazy for posting them a month late). To describe it, I'm going to copy and paste from their website (also because I'm lazy):

"Ballenberg – Switzerland as it used to be. More than one hundred century-old buildings from all over Switzerland, 250 farmyard animals, traditional, old-time gardens and fields, demonstrations of local crafts and many special events create a vivid impression of rural life in days gone by. Ballenberg is indeed unique."

I even added quotations so you can't accuse me of plagiarising (I had to google how to spell that too).

Basically, people donate old Swiss Chalets to the museum, who then carefully dis-assembles them and reconstructs them on their property. It gives people the opportunity to see old Chalets from all over the country in one place instead of running around the country like crazy disturbing the natives (let's be honest, it's something I would do) to see the architecture of the different regions. Anyways, I took a bajillion pictures (yes, that is a real number - ask Bill Gates, I think he has it in his bank account [which coincidentally is probably in Switzerland too]) and then posted them with captions from the brochures. It took me all afternoon and my fingers are about to fall off, so even if you don't read them all, read at least one of them so when I ask you, you can pretend that you read them all (and please at least try to sound interested). Then our friendship will be preserved much like these awesome jewels of historical Switzerland.

Enjoy! (I guess I'm not so lazy after all)

No comments:

Post a Comment